Beyond the Beige
Get Your Grunge ON
Decay, dirt, deterioration? Erosion? Rust, verdigris, dirt & grunge. Not usually something we’re delighted about, but oooOOoo... it’s a very urban, cool, city, grimy look. Finishes can be smooth or supercrunchy, with many stops in between. Use as a worn effect… the breakdown of one surface revealing another. Oxidization, patina, wear & tear. Bronze, copper, steel or stone variations. Choose your color scheme and turn up the volume!
Working with Melissa Loutos, owner of Bella Muri, on a grunge wall in Barrington a couple of weeks ago.
It’s also very classic, classic, and classic -- what do you think old stuff looks like, clean? Think: Italy, Greece, Pictish, Temples in the Jungle, Ye Aged Art of Olde.
We transform stuff:
• Adding 3D elements, with the help of cool products, depending on surface/situation
• super shiny surfaces with foils for extra zap (for an interior job)
• metallic paints for exterior
• on a backsplash, in a bathroom...
• ...feature panels in a dining room, floors, office walls
• make a fountain, an outdoor garden wall, a garden niche/window/door…
• or an excellent photography backdrop
A nice bit of aged zinc? Faking it is utterly worth it. To customize the real thing is super cool, but also super expensive. If your budget is under $30,000 give us a call!
(Also - our mold don’t stink.)
To get some ideas, Google “Urban Grunge Mural.”
Check out some ideas I think would translate well on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/inajunglebiz/urban-art-thoughts